Thursday, January 26, 2006

Free Community Powered WiFi

Offer free WiFi access to others and get free access in other WiFi networks for free. That’s what the basic premise of Wibiki is. They have a piece of software that you need to run on your wireless router to secure it, and another piece of software that you would need to install on your computer to access internet on outside Wibiki WiFi networks. I am not absolutely sure how the company behind Wibiki is making money out of it though but they surely have an interesting and an immensely useful idea.

2 comments:

abhas1 said...

hey Sid! hope you remember today's 26 jan!!

[always a cause for celebration for me, eh? do check my blog]

:P

Sid said...

I and my Indian colleagues had planned to be in office on Jan 26'th wearing kurtas. But then I forgot and so did everyone else I guess. I think that's what happens when you don't have a national holiday :)