Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Woof-Woof!

I happened to hit upon NDTV Profit, while checking out the channels as dictated by the random number generator in my mind. They had the program “One Life to Love” running and this week they had it on “Retaining Top Talent”. I was unsure of the connection between the name of the program and the topic, but I had to know what they had to say, so I watched.

It was an interesting program and they made some valid points, but for some odd reason they showed dogs running around happily (yes, you can tell that with practice) in the background when describing the top-5 things that employees look for in the company they work at.

Of all the creatures that exist on the planet, why did they choose dogs? I was flabbergasted. Were they trying to compare happy dogs to happy employees and dog owners to the management? Oh I love dogs BTW, and perhaps those of the robotic kind are better. I have nothing against dogs. But that’s beside the point.

So coming back to the program, they ranked “money and perks” third. They placed “exciting and challenging work” and “exciting work culture” as the top-2 things. I have to say, I agree with that ordering.

Well, I don’t remember what they mentioned as the last 2 in their top-5 things because frankly I was too distracted by them showing dogs in the background and can’t recall anything else now.

Perhaps they started from the saying “I work like a dog” and thought it was a good idea to use dogs that were playing in the background. That inspired me to draw the following cartoon.

3 comments:

Alpha0 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alpha0 said...

From Beatles:
It's been a hard day's night
And I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleeping like a log.
....
....

abhas1 said...

hey sid! merry christmas