Friday, July 22, 2005

Heroes or Zeros?

That's the name of a movie from Boondogglefilms that's currently in production and this is what Lerone Wilson, the maker has to say about it:

Four computer programming interns from across the country are brought to New York City for the summer of a lifetime, with a single purpose: designing a software product to aid geeks across the land in their incessant help requests from friends and family. I invite you to join me in an adventure through the software design process - as seen through the eyes of 4 quirky interns, an even quirkier software company, and witness first hand - How I Fixed My Mom's Computer.

The four interns are working at Fog Creek Software on something called CoPilot. Joel Spolsky of Fog Creek had this to say:

Instead of wasting their talents giving them the usual dull and unimportant tasks of a typical summer internship, we decided to let the interns create a complete new software product, from beginning to end, over the course of one summer. With experienced software developers as mentors, the team will design, program, test, and roll out a complete software product over the course of one hectic summer, going from concept to paying customers in about ten weeks.

The weblog of the project makes for some very interesting reading and brought back memories of my own summer internship at Microsoft IndiaDev back in 2002.

What I worked on wasn't "dull and uninteresting", in fact on the contrary it was a good learning experience combined with a lot of fun, and more so because what I developed was used in the launch demo of Visual J#. Or atleast, that's what they told me.

I am so looking forward to watching the movie.

No comments: