Friday, May 06, 2005

Networked Emoticon Device


This thing is a networked emoticon device. You log onto it through the Internet and let your other significant at home know if something at work or at school has made you happy, sad, upset, etc. [...] The devices are connected to the Internet through an Xport controlled by a Microchip that handles the basic communications. A series of switches reciprocally activate four LEDs that light the transparent emoticons. Either device is accessible on the web through its proprietary IP address meaning it could also be reached from a web page or through a cell phone.

I think this can also be used at work and could provide a nice way for me to communicate my emotions to my manager. Well, actually if you think of it, my manager could have one such device for each of his reports. Woah! That would be way too cool! :)