Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Linux Bangalore 2004

The first list of talks in Linux Bangalore 2004 has been published. They have published a long list of around 73 short-listed talks, which would be screened and a final list of talks will be drawn. Well, the talks that most interest me are the following:

  • Being a geek by Philip Tellis

  • Creating dynamic web applications using Rails by Avik Sengupta

  • BEAGLE - Intelligent Desktop Search Framework by Krishnan R and Varadhan Veerapuram

  • Parrot: Some Assembly Required by Gopal Vijayaraghavan

  • KDE4: Beyond Hierarchical Data - The Desktop as a Searchable Web of Context

  • "Tales from the Dark Side of the Moon": what it actually takes to successfully deploy and maintain open source software by Andrew Cowie

  • Open Source Business Models by Atul Chitnis


  • I am quite excited, but I am not sure if I would be able to attend the conference at Bangalore, because to attend the conference I would need to take a leave from work. I really hope they would make the slides of the talks, and their videos available online.