Sunday, September 28, 2003

I had been selected for the position of a Scientist at Defense R & D Organization of India (http://www.drdo.org). I am currently undergoing post-induction training at Institute of Armament Technology (IAT) at Pune, India.

IAT has a beautiful campus. The surroundings are quite scenic. Infact there's a beautiful lake named Khadakwasla about 1 km away from the campus which I go to quite often with my friends here. The climate and the surroundings make this place very desirable to work at, for some challenging research.

Unfortunately, we're being made to attend lectures on a variety of topics ranging from Fluid Dynamics to Missile Propulsion. It is a bit difficult to understand their logic behind this when you've clear in your mind that computer science is what you're made for.

But on the whole, it is being fun here. I just hope I get Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR) at Bangalore (India).